Sunday, October 18, 2015

Unit 3 reflection

This unit was about what is inside a cell, and what cells do. It included photosynthesis, cellular respiration, and osmosis. This unit also mentions how cells were discovered, and how cells changed over time. The main theme of this unit was that cells are the building blocks, and the ways cell use their organelles, and processes to communicate, and survive, and create life. One other key concept was how the structure of a cell affects its function. My main strength was the organelles, and osmosis, because I feel like I really understand them, and can explain them. My main weaknesses would be photosynthesis and cellular respiration, because while I mostly understand them, there are a few details I still don't understand fully.

I learned a lot about cells, and also about good lab procedure. I learned how to find errors in an experiment, and come up with ways to fix them. I also got a little better at getting through the vodcasts without pausing. Finally I learned new ways to get through difficult material.
IMG_0957.JPG
I still want to learn more about photosynthesis, and how it works at a deeper level. At a more broad level I find it amazing how life evolved from tiny bacteria to big multi-cellular organisms that will have the capability to learn, and study the tiny cells they are made of. I also love concept of osmosis, and how quickly a cell will change based on its surroundings. If I have time I might try duplicating one of the experiments at home, but with slight modifications.




IMG_0956.JPGIMG_0955.JPG





I normally study minimally for test, but for this one I plan to at the minim review photosynthesis and cellular respiration through the CFUs, vodcast notes, and the diagrams. I will also take the CFUs again, and review any other difficult concepts based on what I get wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I like your pictures, because they are taken by you! Also for photosynthesis and the cellular respiration, I would recommend going in depth on things like the calvin cycle, and other cycles. I like how you talk about process like osmosis and things like that. I would also talk about organelles, and their uses. - Enzo C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really admire the effort of trying the experiment again at home. If you really interested in the in-depth photosynthesis and cellular respiration or filling in the holes in our notes, I heard AP Bio does that well.

    ReplyDelete