Thursday, March 24, 2016

Unit 8 refleection

This unit was about evolution, which is the change in a species over time, and the different mechanisms that caused evolution. One of these mechanisms is natural selection. Natural selection works by rewarding the individuals that have better adaptations for survival. We did two lads that demonstrated this principle. In our Bird Beak Lab, and our Hunger Games Lab we simulated natural selection by competing against each other to get food. There are a few other mechanisms of population change. these include genetic drift, which is when a chance event suddenly kills a large portion of the gene pool. Another example is when an organism moves from one population to another. The third mechanism of evolution is sexual selection, This is when organisms are selected based on mating success, and not survival ability. We also learned about the evidence of evolution such as fossils, and vestigial structure, which are similar parts of different animals with different purposes. 

I still wan't to know more about the origin of life. I am very curious about how the first life was created, and this question could be helpful in understanding how we got to where we are. In my Unit 7 reflection I talked about how i was mainly assertive, but a little passive aggressive. I worked on this during my biology project, and tried to be nice to people, and say what I want. I still need to work on being less passive-aggressive, with people I don't like, but I have made good progress.













No comments:

Post a Comment