Wednesday, May 25, 2016

20 time final post

Starting 20 time was difficult for me. I knew that I wanted to do something concrete that would help me, and my peers, in some way, instead of doing some abstract research project, but it took me a while to come up with something that interested me, and I eventually came up with memorization.
 I thought that this would be great because everyone has to memorize a lot of information for a lot of reasons, and some methods are probably more effective than others. I decided to base my project on finding the best memorization techniques.

I came up with the idea of creating a survey to see what other students use to memorize, and to move on from there. I got my results back from my survey, but the results weren’t very helpful. All of the techniques that were in the survey came back with similar average ratings

After this failed survey I decided that the only way get actual result was to run a experiment. I didn’t have much time, so I got a few people together, and had each of them take three different short tests. Before each test they would study for 5 minutes using an assigned method. The result from this test followed the same line as the survey, with no clear best method, but what I did notice, was that different people would be better with certain methods than other methods, but the better method would vary from person to person. After this I went back and look at my survey again and found a similar situation there. This showed to me that there is no one best way, and the only real way is figure it out for yourself. 


I fell that my TED talk went pretty well. I covered all the topics, but I should have practiced more, and added more information to my presentation, After watching the video i would give myself a similar grade as what I got, with points docked for time, and voice. I feel that the process of preparing for the talk was good practice of time management, and independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment