Monday, May 30, 2016

Unit 10 Reflection

Source
This unit was about Physiology. We learned about Homeostasis and how our bodies try to keep balance and we need that state to live. We learned about the Circulatory and the Respiratory systems and how they work together to deliver oxygen to the cell and remove carbon dioxide. We also learned about the Nervous system which has the job sensing stuff processing the information and responding to it. We learned about the Endocrine system which regulates and transports hormones around the body. The digestive system breaks down food into nutrients and excretes waste. The Immune system uses white blood cells (including T and B cells) to fight off Pathogens and keep us healthy. Finally the lymphatic systems is a system of tubes and sacs throughout the body that collects blood and waste from the body. 


Source
I really wonder how the body evolved to be so complex, from such simple cells, in the start. I understand how natural selection works, but it seems so unlikely for all of these complex systems to evolve from such a simple origin. The body is so complex, and interconnected, that I cant help but marvel at how it evolved naturally over time.


I am very proud of my accomplishments this year, and how much I have grown. My first blog posts were OK, but as I went I learned a lot more, and my blog posts became a lot better. I learned how to hyperlink, and use picture, and videos effectively. My favorite lab was probably our pig dissection, because we got see all of the systems we were learning about in our vodcasts in an actual animal. It was a very fun, and useful lab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment